Unfortunately, you can’t delete a comment just because it says something unsavory about an agency or the administration.
There are some instances when it’s acceptable to delete a post. These include:
- comments that don’t directly relate to the purpose or topic of the social media website
- comments promoting or opposing any person campaigning for election to political office, or promoting or advertising a business or commercial transaction
- the use of obscene, threatening or harassing language
- personal attacks of any kind or offensive comments that target or disparage any ethnic, racial, age, or religious group, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status
- comments advocating illegal activity or post material that violates copyrights or trademarks
Each social media platform has its own Terms of Service. Acquaint yourself with the use guidelines for each, and report content that violates them.
Contact your agency’s general counsel if you have questions about when it’s appropriate to take action under the City’s guidelines.