Whether you’re joining us in person or via livestream, there are many ways to participate during and after the conference. Here is a guide to help you navigate the event and how to stay connected online via #NYCDiCon19 and offline.
Download our digital program.
Follow us on Social Media
Digital & Accessibility Specialists
Meet with a digital and accessibility specialist to discuss questions specific to your work, such as how to make your digital and multimedia content more accessible, how to start a paid ad campaign on social media, or how to incorporate the internet health framework into your projects.
Time: 12:00 – 2:00pm
Location: Fred Friendly Room
Sign-ups not required. Each consultation is about five to ten minutes.
Community Building Hour
Bring your digital, printed or braille business cards, and meet your fellow attendees, speakers, presenters, and staff members who made this conference possible.
Here are some fun questions to get the conversation started:
- What is the most accessible game you have played as a kid or an adult?
- If you could design an accessible and inclusive feature for the internet, what would it be?
- You’re given the key to the city. What would the key unlock?
Participate on Social Media
Use #NYCDiCon19 and #GAAD to join the conversation online. Be sure to describe any images using alt-text. Refer to our Accessible Social Media page to learn how!
Download these graphics to add to your social media posts.
Questions to Inspire Your Social Media Posts
- What is one thing that you learned today?
- What is the most unique thing you saw or heard today?
- Did any of the speakers say something that you really connected with?
- What are some of the things that you and your community advocate for? (Example: more accessibility, better representation etc.)
- Is your community represented well in the digital space? Why or why not?
- What is one thing that digital professionals/organizations can do to better include your community?