This conference has two parts to it. The first part is workshops during the day. It starts at 10:30 AM and goes to 5 PM with breaks.
The second part is a series of Open Consultations with an expert. To sign up for a consultation appointment fill out the conference registration form. Spots are limited so be sure to register soon if you are interested.
Continue reading below for conference theme and break-down of the days events.
This years conference theme is “Digital Accessibility: Where to Begin?” We recognize that it could be difficult for folks to get started in making their websites and other digital materials accessible to the disability community. That’s why we put together this one-day workshop for beginners to get started with digital accessibility.
- 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM – Introduction to disability rights, assistive technology and website accessibility standards
- 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM – Getting started with website accessibility
- 12:30 PM to 1:00 PM – Break
- 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM – Accessible documents and flyers
- 2:30 PM to 3:00 PM – Break
- 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM – Accessible social media and videos
- 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM – A Conversation About Accessibility in the Arts presented by ALL ARTS (read below for description and breakdown)
- 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM – Expert Consultations (Note: this is by appointment only)
A Conversation about Accessibility in the Arts Presented by ALL ARTS
For those who are interested, the conference continues from 5 to 7 PM with a movie screening and discussion. This portion will be streamed on ALL ARTS, YouTube and Facebook. The virtual screening will feature One + One Make Three, created by acclaimed disability arts ensemble Kinetic Light. This experimental documentary dance film takes viewers behind the scenes, into the studio, and into the air with the ensemble. Kinetic Light dancers partner, spin, and soar as they reflect on art, dance, and disability as a creative force. Featured artists include dancers Jerron Herman, Laurel Lawson and Alice Sheppard; artist/ASL interpreter Brandon Kazen-Maddox and audio describer Cheryl Green.
To learn more and stream the event, visit the All Arts: Past, Present, Future page.
Below is the breakdown of this event.
- 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM – Streaming of ALL ARTS Dance Festival film by Kinetic Light: One + One Make Three with Accessibility Features
- 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM – Panel Discussion on Accessibility Features of ALL ARTS Past, Present, Future Dance Festival